Win a Trip to PokerStars Championship Sochi in $8 Spin & Gos
It was the now-famous host city for the 2014 Winter Olympic Games but now Sochi, Russia will have a new claim to fame:
Host of the first-ever PokerStars Championship to run in Russia.
Not only that, it will also be Russia's biggest with dozens of events spread out over 11 days in one of the most scenic spots on the Black Sea.
PokerStars Championship Sochi
As you likely know, PokerStars revamped its Live Tournament offerings for 2017 by shuttering the famed European Poker Tour, Latin American Poker Tour, Asia Pacific Poker Tour and its regional tours in favor of one big PokerStars Live brand.
Under that brand the events were split into two streams - the PokerStars Global Championship stream, with high buy-ins and prestigious titles on the line, and the PoekrStars Festival stream with lower buy-ins and more accessible events for casual players.
So far 6 Championship series and 7 Festivals have been announced and/or played, but the latest added to the mix is in the famed Russian resort of Sochi from May 20-31.
This one will be under the Championship banner with plenty of high-profile, high roller events and 150,000,000 Rubles ($2.6m USD) guaranteed for the $5,500 buy-in Main Event. It will also be the biggest poker event ever run in the country.
Qualifiers On Now with $8 Spin & Gos Included
One of the most scenic spots in the Baltics and considered Russia's "Summer Capital" Sochi was recently rezoned as an official casino zone and the PokerStars Championship will jump right in to see just how much poker fervor is lying in wait.
Among the events on the calendar:
• No Limit Hold'em: May 20-22 - RUB 618,000 (approx. $10,860)
• PokerStars National Championship: May 20-25 - RUB 66,000 (approx. $1,160)
• PokerStars Championship Super High Roller: May 23-25 - RUB 3,000,000 (approx. $50,700)
• PokerStars National High Roller: May 24-25 - RUB 132,000 (approx. $2,320)
• PokerStars Championship Main Event: May 25-31 - RUB 318,000 (approx. $5,590) - RUB 150,000,000 Guarantee
• No Limit Hold'em Single Day: May 26 - RUB 1,530,000 (approx. $26,880)
• PokerStars Championship PLO High Roller: May 27-28 - RUB 618,000 (approx. $10,860)
• PokerStars Championship High Roller: May 29-31 - RUB 618,000 (approx. $10,860)
Despite the big buy-ins, opportunities are around for low-stakes players to get a chance to experience it themselves. Satellite qualifiers at all buy-in levels are running right now on PokerStars with packages available for Sochi.
Most enticing for recreational players are the $8 Spin & Gos, which will offer up full packages including travel, hotel and Main Event buy-in to winners. Mayb players have already taken advantage of the Spin & Go qualifiers to earn once-in-a-lifetime experiences at PokerStars Live events like the recent PokerStars Championship Bahamas.
Create an account at PokerStars via our review page to take advantage of our $600 sign-up bonus. More information about PokerStars Championship Sochi and other PokerStars Live Festivals for 2017 here.